David represents clients in complex litigation and the protection of their intellectual property. While David’s litigation practice spans a broad range of issues and industries, including shareholder oppression and squeeze-out; patent, trademark, and copyright infringement; trade secret misappropriation; real estate; contract disputes; and many others, his sole focus is to help businesses and individuals meet their goals. David is licensed in Alabama, Tennessee, and the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. He has appeared in State and Federal courts throughout Alabama and across the United States.
In addition to his litigation practice, David advises clients in all aspects of intellectual property law. As a registered U.S. Patent Attorney, he routinely assists clients in the identification, protection, and enforcement of their valuable intellectual property rights and has experience counseling clients in areas including patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret, and computer technology issues.
Professional & Community Activities
- University of Alabama School of Law, J.D., 2010, summa cum laude; Dean M. Leigh Harrison Scholar; Alabama Law Review, Editor in Chief, vol. 61; Hugo Black Scholar; Order of the Coif
- University of Alabama, M.S., Chemical Engineering, 2009
- University of Alabama, B.S., Chemical Engineering, 2007, summa cum laude; Computer Based Honors Program; Omega Chi Epsilon Chemical Engineering Honor Society; Tau Beta Pi; Omicron Delta Kappa
- University of Alabama Honors College Board of Visitors
- University of Alabama College of Engineering Entrepreneurship Advisory Board
- University of Alabama Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering Advisory Board
- Huntsville Bar Association - President-Elect, 2023-2024; President, 2024-2025; Secretary, 2021-2022
- Madison County Volunteer Lawyers Program Advisory Board – President, 2020-2021
- Leadership Huntsville/Madison County, Focus, Connect, and Management Academy Programs and Program Volunteer
- Alabama State Bar, Leadership Forum Alumni
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers - Chemical Engineering and the Law Forum, Vice President, 2019; Secretary, 2016-2018
David W. Holt
Partner I Loftin Holt, LLP